Code of Conduct
5 SideCar Golden Rules
- Treat your fellow SideCar community members kindly and courteously.
- If it's against the law, don’t do it.
- Give ratings and donations in a truthful and accurate manner.
- Be safe, have fun, and ride/drive often.
- Share the news! The bigger the community gets, the better it gets for everyone.
Driver Code of Conduct
- Keep car well maintained and in safe working order.
- Be a safe and considerate driver; follow the rules of the road.
- Be on time.
- Be considerate of others’ preferences for things like music, air conditioning and social interactions (sometimes we’re in the mood to talk; sometimes we’re not).
- Maintain valid driving documentation, including driver’s license, car registration, and car insurance.
- Maintain a good clean driving record.
Passenger Code of Conduct
- Provide accurate pickup and drop-off locations when requesting a ride.
- Be courteous and cooperative with the community driver.
- Wear a seatbelt at all times.
- Rate and donate promptly after your ride.
- Take any issues or complaints about the ride to the driver first, and if the problem is not resolved, to the SideCar support team.
- Take any issues or complaints about the app to the SideCar support team.
The following can result in quick removal from the SideCar community:
- Disruptive behavior
- Inappropriate language or cursing
- Violence or threats
- Weapons of any type
- Use of illegal substances, including controlled substances, and abuse of prescription medicines and over-the-counter medicines
- Alcoholic beverages
- Radios, hand-held TVs or other electronic devices without earphones