A healthy and fit body should be the epitome of any individual. Fitness doesn’t come automatically to any human being, one needs a solid fitness regime and exercise routine. Individuals don’t have to necessarily visit the gym to practice their fitness routine, one can opt to exercise safely at home and it will still serve the right purpose. However, shopping and purchasing wisely for home exercise equipment is vital when one is looking to buy the centerpiece of your home gym. Additionally, safely transporting power racks, squat racks and other heavy gym machines is essential. Quality gym equipment is an essential aspect of getting an effective workout at home.
Why squat rack exercises are important in your fitness routine:
The squat rack is also known as a power rack, power cage, squat cage, or squat rack. This squat rack should be the centerpiece of your home gym. This is because the basic purpose of a power cage is to assist in the progress of adding weights while developing your squats. This essentially means that the weightlifter will be able to reach higher heights without assistance. A weightlifter’s fitness regime cannot be complete without this important piece of equipment. This is because a squat rack can be utilized in various exercises.
Furthermore, a squat cage will assist weightlifters in lifting heavier weights. Additionally, it will provide the weightlifter with the safety you need to lift free weights off a floor. The power cage contains safety straps or pins that absorb the barbell hit. Therefore, it will assist in lifting a maximum load from failure to dump without being assisted by a gym partner.
Exercises that can be done with a squat rack:
The squat rack is a vital piece of fitness equipment that can be used in a home exercise regime. Although it should be used primarily for squats, it can be used for various other home exercises that can be beneficial to the body. These exercises will strengthen and tone the weightlifter’s body as a whole. One should ensure that they have stretched before doing any squat cage exercises. Some of these exercises include the following:
1. Deadlift: The deadlift is performed by putting the bar on the lowest position on the squat rack.
2. Hanging leg raises: Hanging leg raises heavily utilizes the knees.
3. Overhead press: To perform the overhead press, the weightlifter should place the bar at chest height on the squat rack.
4. Pullups: Pullups heavily utilize the triceps muscles.
5. Barbell Lunges: The Barbell Lunges are performed by placing the bar at shoulder height on the squat rack.
6. Chin-Ups: Chin Ups heavily depend on the bicep muscles. The main goal of this routine is to hang from the bar. Therefore, the hands should be placed at shoulder width.