If you’re relocating to another state, you probably have many tasks to accomplish in your moving checklist. One of them is the transportation of your car. While you can have the option to drive your vehicle by yourself, it would make a lot of sense if you ship your car with the help of professionals. This is especially true if you’ve decided to catch a flight to your new home address.
However, moving an automobile to another state can be a challenging and overwhelming experience. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to ensure that the entire car shipping process would go as quickly and smoothly as possible.
To successfully transport your car, below are three tips you should consider from the get-go:
- Hire The Right Auto Transport Company
To make the car shipping process much easier and faster, hiring the right auto transport company can be an excellent idea. Unless you’re an experienced transporter yourself, you need the services of car transport professionals to ensure the safe transportation for your vehicle.
Hence, when looking for the right company, you should take some essential traits into consideration. For instance, you should look for a service provider that has the required set of skills, valuable years of experience, and is trustworthy, professional, and affordable.
Once you determine the traits your auto transport company should possess, it’s time to do the following to find the right one:
- Ask for at least three car transport quotes and ensure that all the necessary details are included. This way, you can compare your options and choose the most suitable one.
- Know your prospective shipper better by reading reviews and checking complaints with the Better Business Bureau.
- To guarantee high-quality transportation services and insurance coverage in case of damage or loss, make sure your prospect is licensed and insured.
- Determine The Costs Of Car Transportation
If you’ve decided to relocate your car and transport it to another state, then it’s also essential to know the total costs of this undertaking. Besides, you might not be able to successfully push through with the transportation process if you have no budget in place. For this reason, you should learn how to calculate the potential expenses so you can prepare enough money for this big task.
Typically, there are several factors that can impact the total cost of shipping. To help you come up with an accurate calculation, consider the following factors:
- Type of transport: The costs might also vary depending on the type of transport you choose. For example, if you pick an open-air transport, it can be much cheaper because it’s readily available whenever you need it. However, if you opt to transport your car using an enclosed carrier, you might have to pay a considerable amount of money as it’s going to cost you more than the first option. Still, using it can ensure protection for your car during transit.
Also, aside from the ones mentioned above, there are also different car shipping options that can contribute to the amount of costs you’re going to pay for the transportation. So, choose your options very carefully to get the most out of your money.
- Time of the year you’re relocating: If you’re shipping your car during summer, the costs might be more expensive than moving during the winter season. That’s because several car transport companies are available in the cold months.
- Distance of the move: If you’re transporting your automobile in a faraway state, you might have to spend more money due to fuel charges, labor charges, and tolls.
- Size and weight of the vehicle: When your car is bigger and heavier, it’s going to cost you a lot of money compared to smaller and lighter ones.
- Model and make of the car: If you’re moving a luxury or classic automobile, then you should expect to spend more money as it requires specialized attention throughout the transportation.
- Prepare Your Car For The Transportation
Before transporting your vehicle to another state, it’s important to ensure that it’s ready for the travel. So, if you’re using a transport company to move your vehicle to another state, make sure to ask them about the specific requirements they have to guarantee a smooth transportation process from start to finish.
To properly prepare your car for the move, here are the following things to remember:
- Secure the essential documents you might need when transporting your vehicle to another state. These can include the title, registration, driver’s license, and proof of insurance. In case the transport company asks for these documents, don’t hesitate to present them right away to streamline the shipping process.
- Examine the fuel gauge of your vehicle and ensure your tires are in good working condition and adequately inflated.
- Remove some items from your automobile, including your personal items, secure all loose parts, such as the antenna, fog lights, mirrors, and spoilers, and disable the car alarm.
- Check if your car battery is fully charged and in good working condition.
- Take photos of any existing damage you notice in your vehicle.
Indeed, deciding to move your vehicle to another state can be a tedious process, especially if you have no idea where and how to start. But by following the tips mentioned above, you can ensure safe and seamless transportation of your car to your new address. As a result, you can have peace of mind knowing that one of the most valuable possessions you have would arrive at your new place safely and securely.