Do you ever wonder why hatchbacks have become so popular? Despite their popularity, sedans tend to blend in with one another. Many people choose hatchbacks because they provide advantages that can’t be found in other types of automobiles. Driving a hatchback with extra luggage room is the most excellent choice for many individuals, as we’ll explain.
Why Drivers Love Hatchbacks?
What is it about hatchbacks that appeal to so many people? We’ll explain why in a moment. They’re fantastic.
- These cars are available in a variety of vibrant and distinctive hues. Have you ever noticed how limited your color selections are for your daily sedan? Silver, grey, black, and white are just a few of the colors available. That’s a little tedious. Newer hatchbacks, such as the Volkswagen Golf, are available in vibrant hues like these!
- Hatchbacks provide more excellent interior space than sedans. The hatchback is unrivaled in terms of utility. When you first look at a sedan, it may seem to be roomier, but if you attempt to load it for a vacation, you’ll be grateful you have a hatchback. Lower the back seats, and you’ll have plenty of room to work with!
- Hatchbacks are popular among urban families. There’s just the right amount of room and adaptability, along with the minimal maintenance and fuel economy. There are so many incredible things!
- Have you recently attempted to sell a car? Hatchbacks, on the other hand, are recognized for having a high resale value. Hatchbacks are popular, and they sell for more money in the long run than a regular sedan.
- On top of all of this, the hatchback turns out to be the ideal combination. It has the comfort, spaciousness, handling, and safety features critical when purchasing a new vehicle. There are many options for customizing your hatchback with all of the amenities you could want with today’s technology. Check out Dodge Caliber insurance cost.
List of best hatchbacks
Very few compact hatchbacks can match the 2021 Volkswagen Golf, but the sporty GTI can (reviewed separately). Despite its lower starting price and greater fuel efficiency, the standard Golf lacks the attraction of its turbocharged, better-equipped sibling. Volkswagen won’t sell any GTIs or Golf R’s to Americans for all of the reasons listed above, but that doesn’t mean the current model is any less valuable than it was when it was new. There is an excellent six-speed manual or an eight-speed automatic transmission despite the minor and ineffective turbo-four engines. It features a terrific chassis, which makes it quick and comfortable to drive. Other than that, it’s relatively roomy on the inside and has an impressively large cargo area. Compared to some of its little rivals, the boxy Golf isn’t as showy or feature-rich.
Volkswagen Golf GTI
We love the value, practicality, and performance of the 2021 Volkswagen Golf GTI, and we think you will too. Even though the current generation is reaching the end of its lifespan, it has already received the annual 10Best award and appeared on our most recent list. In addition to having a robust 228 horsepower four-cylinder engine, this fast front-driver also has outstanding manual and automatic transmissions. Speed, on the other hand, does not always signify engagement. With this sporty hatchback, Volkswagen has ensured that it handles well and provides good input to the driver. The Jetta GLI coupe’s sibling has many of the same characteristics. Despite its conservative appearance and above-average price, the GTI is the ideal sport compact because of its comprehensive approach to performance and undeniable versatility. , AND SPECS
The Honda Civic has transformed from a valuable vehicle to a stylish, appealing, and engaging compact car. The Civic comes in sedan and hatchback body styles with a turbocharged 1.5-liter engine that puts either 174 or 180 horsepower, depending on the model. Honda offers many driver-assistance features, including adaptive cruise control and lane-keeping assistance as standard equipment even in its smallest car. Unusually, today’s infotainment features aren’t included as standard equipment; the base LX model has a small touchscreen that lets you listen to the radio. Regardless of trim level, the Civic is a cute little car that should appeal to the majority of buyers and one that we’re happy to endorse. The 205-horsepower Civic Si or the 306-horsepower Civic Type R are excellent choices if you’re looking for more power (both reviewed separately).
Honda Civic Type R
Although it has a cutesy exterior, the 2021 Honda Civic Type R is entertaining and a handy four-door hatchback. A 306-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder engine and a six-speed manual transmission make the Type R the fastest Honda Civic and one of the quickest sport compacts (the only gearbox offered). For the first time, Honda has nearly completely eradicated the dreaded torque steer that affects powerful front-drive cars, resulting in intuitive steering, outstanding cornering grip, and an unexpectedly smooth ride. Even while the inside isn’t the most abundant, the roomy back seat and enough baggage space make it a practical option for daily driving, thanks to the red accents. Despite the dull exhaust note and annoying highway manners, the 2021 Civic Type R is one of the most pleasurable cars to drive right now.
The Kia Rio sedan and hatchback for 2021 are designated as inexpensive subcompact cars. We used to call them “econoboxes,” but they’re surprisingly intelligent. Because of a sensible arrangement and pleasant materials, the Kia couple’s interior design emanates an exquisite simplicity. On the other hand, both Rios’ rear seats are cramped, and neither body design provides a large trunk or cargo capacity. Nonetheless, we like that they’re one of the few subcompact vehicles with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard. We’ll even overlook their lack of standard driver aids since the Chevy Spark and Nissan Versa are the only competitors with more sophisticated safety features. The 2021 Rios stand out for their polished ride quality and balanced handling, which assist in dispelling any myths regarding inexpensive transportation. Check out Kia soul insurance cost.