Heavy vehicles with CAT engines can be kept in shape for longer thanks to advanced dedicated tools. Engine failure is a frustrating issue for operators of such equipment. Whether it is a truck or excavator you work on, it is vital to minimize potential damage and monitor the performance closely. CAT Adapter III is a cutting-edge technical aid.
Belonging to the latest generation of these computerized devices, it ensures engine issues are detected before serious damage is done. The following functions fulfilled by this user-friendly caterpillar scan tool are equally important for any responsible equipment operator.
Scope of Options
Using the adapter, you get access to a combination of parameters that are monitored by an in-built computer. These include pressure, temperature, and many more. Overall, it delivers the whole range of indicators to keep track of vehicle engine health. The device will display:
- General performance data;
- Records of several parameters pertaining to current status (like speed and fuel consumption) at once;
- Records of event codes related to engine performance;
- The existing configuration of the Engine Control Module with adjustable user settings;
- Condition of components (both electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic);
- Both active and logged diagnostics;
- Any events of malfunction detected by the Engine Control Module.
The device does not only allow you to access information in the Engine Control Module easily but also to alter the settings as needed. An operator can launch a range of diagnostic checks, and calibrate the system with the help of this third-generation adapter.
The results of any checks and any generated reports may be printed out. Besides, for certain engine and machine products, there are extra functions delivered by the service tool program described below.
So, what components does the set include? Upon unboxing, you will see the following parts:
- CAT Comm Adapter III;
- CD for driver installation;
- USB Cable (to connect your computer to the adapter);
- J1939/J1708 Cable (to connect the adapter to the vehicle);
- Caterpillar ET 2019b, a service tool for the PC version of Windows (both 32 and 64-bit versions);
- Hard Shell Case with foam inside.
CAT ET communicates with your Electronic Control Module to enable diagnostics of current issues and threats, adjust the settings and collect data for analysis.
The product offers significant enhancement in comparison with its predecessor — the CAT Communication Adapter II. The device is not just the only recommended accessory of this kind for CAT engines, it is also the only datalink machine enabling correct communication with a dual-datalink engine. But why is the latter so important?
Dual-link functionality is essential for certain features of CAT ET (Electronic Technician) to work properly. The product set includes the only type of cable suitable for connection with off-road equipment from the brand.